NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys =). i was thinking of moving my 10 gallon into my room. how do i move it??? do i take out the water around 50 percent?? or move it during a water change?? this is really confusing.. how have u moved your fish tank?

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I would just siphon most of the water out into a tub and put your live rock and fish in there. Make sure you have a heater in the tub and don't disturb the sand when you take out the live rock. Leave the sandbed alone with a little water--just enough to cover it. Move the tank then siphon the water back into the tank--put a plate on the sand so the water doesn't disturb it. Then the rock, then the fish. That's what I just did and worked out perfectly.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
LOL Beer. Nano..you definitely do not want to try moving a 10 gallon tank w/ how ever many lbs of sand plus 5 gallons of water..that will be atleast 50 lbs (water is about 8 lbs a gallon) and not easy or smart to carry not only due to the weight but the stress on the paper thin glass that 10 gallons are made from. Just even attempting to move that tank 1/2 full would probably cause it to explode all over your house. It's this simple..you have a tiny tank you obviously are not moving it far. Empty your water into some buckets put fish and rock in those buckets..move the tank and refill it. It shouldn't take you very long. The best time to do this would be during a water change so you dump a bunch of that water out and put new clean water after the move.

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
LOL Beer. Nano..you definitely do not want to try moving a 10 gallon tank w/ how ever many lbs of sand plus 5 gallons of water..that will be atleast 50 lbs (water is about 8 lbs a gallon) and not easy or smart to carry not only due to the weight but the stress on the paper thin glass that 10 gallons are made from. Just even attempting to move that tank 1/2 full would probably cause it to explode all over your house. It's this simple..you have a tiny tank you obviously are not moving it far. Empty your water into some buckets put fish and rock in those buckets..move the tank and refill it. It shouldn't take you very long. The best time to do this would be during a water change so you dump a bunch of that water out and put new clean water after the move.

True--I did this with my 55G and it took an hour max. Just watch the temp of the water through the move.

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks alot =)... the reason i am moving it is because my tank is in the living room and we got a new couch..and plus people keep spraying wood polish around my fish tank and lysol and all that bad stuff. so it would be good to move everything before it's TOO late. the only thing im worried about is that my room's floor is not "leveled". it's a little tilted so i would have to move the stand somehow to tilt it so the water is aligned.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
LOL beerfish stop torturing the poor kid LOL

As soon as he starts listening to people...

I'm always happy to help people, but once I've tried to help a few times and I see that someone is wasting my time it's no longer worthwhile.

Listening to people's advice is the best way to get further advice... beyond that, I'm happy to give advice if you :givebeer:

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
listen you are killing your fish and not far from wiping out your coral... you sent me a lot of pm asking a million questions that i spent the time answering all of them for you, i told you everything your doing wrong and what you need to do... and the biggest thing i kept repeating was LEAVE THE TANK ALONE! your fish arent eating and hiding in the corner... theyre stressed the next step is death.. and what i get back from yo when i said leave iyt alone was "do i still feed them and turn on the lights?" there is a difference from leaving your tank alone and let it settle in and neglect.. and if you dont think theyre stressed enough now you wanna move the tank..

can i ask you something?.. maybe it will help me understand better..
how old are you? and have you ever had a fish tank before?
im sorry ifi seem a little harsh but i think you need it.. lol

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You guys are so mean. Hes not the 1st and wont be the last. Maybe he needs to learn the hard way, but hey he may turn out to be a really good reefer after learning through the school of hard knocks.

Nano in all seriousness and I AM NOT MESSING WITH YOU RIGHT HERE--there is a saying that you and all of us should live by, it is:

A SMART man learns from his mistakes---A WISE man learns from others mistakes.

Take the advice given on here from anyone thats willing to take the time to give it to you. All the guys on this thread that gave tried to help you are good guys to listen to(except for beerfish he uses his water change water to brew beer with and vice versa)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: