DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't know if this is at all possible to mate since they're 2 different species of clowns.
The female is an ocellaris while the male is a percula. They were a mated pair from Absolutely Fish that I picked up about 8 weeks ago? She snaps at him every now and again, they separate, but then come back together.
They've been pretty playful with each other and I've never seen aggression signs until recently.

The male was in front of her swimming almost vertically. I thought nothing of it. The next time I went back to the tank I saw the male's fin in her mouth. i was like f*** are they fighting.... But he's fine.. it was in their mouth and they were spinning around in circles. It's been a few days since then, and they're basically back to normal except for the female. I was cleaning the tank the other day, and usually it's been the damsel to be territorial. This time the female was bumping my hand with her head... not brushing..she'd back up and straight up swim into my hand at full force.
Are they just being "clowns?" I don't know what to think

PIOTR

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
PROBABLY SPAWNING MY FEMALE TOMATO IS ATACKING MY HAND EVERY TIME i GET CLOSE TO THEIR TERRITORY. MY DOUGHTERS PERCULAS STARTED DOING THIS LAST WEEK AND MY DOUGHTER AT LAST BELIEVES THEY ARE A COUPLE.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: