Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I tested my water today readings were po .05,dkh10,cal330,mag 1250. All animals and corals doing fine even have cocaine algae growth. I want to start growing macro algae in my dump will it lower my phosphates and nitrates i wanna know if its worth it

sent from HTC EVO

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I tested my water today readings were po .05,dkh10,cal330,mag 1250. All animals and corals doing fine even have cocaine algae growth. I want to start growing macro algae in my dump will it lower my phosphates and nitrates i wanna know if its worth it

sent from HTC EVO

You have WHAT?? (that's what a 'smart' phone will get ya when you type a word it doesn't recognize! lol)

Aside from that interesting growth above..your Ca is low at 330, you want it more up around 420- 450. Your Mg about 1350.
Macro algae in the sump is a great way to export nutrients :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am working at raising those parameters it weird with the cocaine algae
6c7c21b5-143b-c127.jpg

sent from my HTC EVO

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Listen you really have to stop posting from your "SMART" phone-- between your dump and your cocaine algae your breaking laws in 5 states.

On a serious note- Raise your parameters slowly dont try to get your mag up overnight.

agreed you might lose some coral from the cocaine overdose if you try to speed up the dosing process..

seriously though, I lost an expensive a** plate coral last week from a dosing incident. I'm still so heated that I get mad just thinking about it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: