DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hey everyone,
So i wanna make the back middle comp. of my 28 gallon JBJ Nano a fuge. Anyoone ever do this? The flow from the tank overflow is in the middle, that good or bad?

Any advice is appreciated

Matt

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Take a razor blade and cut and scrape some of the black film off of the back of the tank. Then with some aquarium sealant make a bracket and glue that to the back of the nano. After that slide a light into the bracket

Nano-reefs has lots of mod info on that tank you should look there for ideas.

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have done this with my Nano.

You should purchase a small low wattage light from Lowes/HD; I've seen small LED pendants there before. Then as stated earlier scrape the back glass of your tank with a razorblade to remove the black film. Remove bio balls from the middel chamber add LR Rubble and some Chaeto to the rear. when the chaeto grows in the rear trim and remove excess. alot like mantaining a bush/shrub. I have seen people do the reverse lighting and I have seen them with 24hr lights on the fuge. Definitely effective. But you may want to consider a custom made protien skimmer that fits into the middle chamber without hacking apart you tank hood. Check out this site for a number of mods you could do to your tank.
http://nanotuners.com/

Hope this helps.

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I did this to my 14G BC. All you need is a low wattage light from home depot or lowes; I actually saw a small LED pendant there that would work great, and a razor blade to scrape off the black backing of the middle chamber, a little velcro tape, and you are ready to rock-n-roll.

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thanks guys. I am not sure if I need it but its sure sounds like a great project. My tank is still so new that I guess I just wait and see.
Thanks again
If anyone is ever in SOHO please tell me so they can come check out my setup cause i have so many questions but would only make sense in person hahaha, like to show you what i mean.
As always thanks

Cooper

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: