autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
for a hospital tank..i suggest just adding some LR for biological and running a large HOB filter to run carbon if needed...much easier to open the cover and change out a bag then the canister...

your volvo wagon run 12's?what it got...turbo and nitrous

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
for a hospital tank..i suggest just adding some LR for biological and running a large HOB filter to run carbon if needed...much easier to open the cover and change out a bag then the canister...

your volvo wagon run 12's?what it got...turbo and nitrous

yes, & yes.... & yes. very big turbo (think really big) & lots of nitrous

um a large HOB would be cool. got a suggestion?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Are you looking to run a QT tank on an ongoing basis?
L/R is not a good idea in a hospital tank as it will absorb any medication you put in the tank. It is usually suggested the PVC pipe be used as a 'home' for the fish in a QT.
btw..the link opened to a server error when I tried it (could be my Vista thought...)

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Are you looking to run a QT tank on an ongoing basis?
L/R is not a good idea in a hospital tank as it will absorb any medication you put in the tank. It is usually suggested the PVC pipe be used as a 'home' for the fish in a QT.
btw..the link opened to a server error when I tried it (could be my Vista thought...)

was looking at toms aquatics rapids "mini canister filter"
filter_oscar_enterprises_rapids_mini_canister_filter_c_80.jpg

yes I was looking to run a hospital tank for atleast 6 months. as i am in the process of stocking my 35g (display tank) i dont want to add anything sick into the main tank till im sure the specimin is not sick.

just trying to be extremely carefull.... eventually it will become a frag out tank, so some sort of decent filtration is needed (as i have no sump or refugium)

autoponicz