Eleven11

11:11
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I purchased a Nano Cube 28 Gallon a few months back. I was excited that it had MH lights and the protein skimmer. Now I'm not so sure about MH, and would like some advice. I originally had my lights on for about 12 hours a day and was told that I needed to cut back immediately to about half of that. Now it gets anywhere from 5.5hrs - 7hrs a day. It seems that a lot of corals can't handle the intensity of the MH and can't be positioned near the top. The ones that can and flourish in the light seem to not like the movement up top near the pumps. Can you guys recommend some corals that will do well under intense lighting (not sure if mine are even THAT intense = 150W HQI/14K Light with German parabolic reflector.) as well as handle the movement?

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It is a GREAT Tank. I have same one and my corals LOVE the MH.
Just research lighting requirements.
I have xenia which love it (have plenty if you would like some)
Zoas and palys are in various areas and all doing well
What is your rock placement like?
Pics?

You will love this tank

Eleven11

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll post some pictures up tonight. I had a xenia piece in there but for some reason it didn't do well. Parameters were good at the time. A small frag attached itself to the glass wall and is the only surviving piece with a smaller piece on the bottom that I can't reach because of the rocks. The rocks are placed in a single slope with the back being highest. I'll post pictures tonight!

Eleven11

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Also, I checked out your tank Doc and it looks great. Didn't see the date of your last post but I saw a mention of the swap so I'm assuming it wasn't long ago and I'm too lazy to check again haha. How are things coming along? I'll likely make a stop at WWOF tonight too haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: