msmythe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am starting my first nano take. First time with salt water as well.

It is a 14 g ? got it from a fellow manhattan reefer . . .

It came with sand a couple pieces of live rock and lots of LR rubble in the back.

1.jpg

It had already been up and running for a while. I knew I need more rock, so I went to my LFS and bought some (I paid too much, but i got a great piece)

So I let it sit ? tried to be patient and wait.
I checked my levels neurotically and everything was stable:

2.jpg

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ph 8.2
Salinity: fine

I was waiting for the tank to cycle, so I tried the raw shrimp approach and it did cycle,
though just a little and real quick, but and actual ammonia speak and then nitrite and then everything got stable again.
I let it sit for a few weeks and began to add a cleaning crew:

A couple of hermits
6 snails of various sorts
A lettuce slug (my girlfriend likes him)

So a few weeks later I added some corals. I added a hairy mushroom, some daisies and a little zenia. All looked great, levels all the same.

3.jpg

So I added a fish, a little royal gramma. He is doing great, hiding in the reef a lot but doing fine.

So here is the wired thing, last night a long string of what looks like bubbles (or maybe clear eggs) appeared attached to the top of the glass. See pic below.

5.jpg

pic 2
4.jpg

It is weird . . . . anyone know what it is? maybe an egg sac . . . but for what?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you at the frag swap next month . . . .

-michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: