jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hi all, my name is Richard and I have been keeping fresh water fish for 10 years and recently wanted to venture into the saltwater hobby after looking at many successful nano systems on youtube.

I am going the nano route because thats all that the "boss" can tolerate as my 5th tank in the apartment, (which I got an ok for after much pleading and an expansive gift lol). as of now I am leaning toward the Innovative Marine 16g with the spin nozzle. any upgrades I should add to the unit? like a small protein skimmer that will fit into the back column?

As for water I don't know if I want an RO/DI unit (gonna get more complaints), I am thinking about buying bottles of premixed saltwater from LFS? is that an good idea?

Thats it for now, and thanks for any input. I will keep on reading.

Last edited:

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome to MR. Get rid of a couple tanks then you could go bigger lol. There are some people here that use premix water,They can answer that better than me. If you want to go with a rodi and not spend to much on it, go to purewaterclub .com
Used it when i first got into the hobby.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
The IM tank looks interesting. Since it's a fairly new product I don't think many can give you much insight on it. But I would definitely say maybe you want to cut down on a few tanks.. I'm not much of one to talk, as I used to have 1 SA cichlid tank, 1 discus tank, 2 saltwater tanks at one time. Now I just have my SA tank and my SW tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: