AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so im working on setting up my 75g tank. Unfortinatly I ended up getting an AGA 75g tank thats not predrilled. I have a hang on overflow thats probably 600-800gph. I filled the tank in my garage today (just finished all the plumbing) and after turning the pump on, the tank came VERY close to overflowing. This was also after filling the sump up more then I should too since that mag deff moves some water (I forgot to get a ball valve though to cut the flow down). The question really is should I use the overflow box that I have and use a ball valve on the mag 9.5 or should I get a bigger overflow box and run the pump at its full potential.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You can run it with what you have but definitely get the ball valve.
Remember the ball valve must go after the pump, you should never restrict the water flow going into the pump.

Great that you are testing this before putting it in place! :)

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I say go with a overflow box that's rated for 950 GPH or close to it.....................IMO I feel all my equipments should work to there potential.......:)
Some might want a ball valve so if there's to much flow they can control it.

AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where the ballvalve would go ;)

Most the overflows I find are 800-1200+ with also keeping it as a single outlet. Im gonna pick up a ball valve after dinner and refill the tank and try that. It was deff good that I tested it in the garage though. As soon as I saw the water coming to the top of the tank I pulled that plug QUICK lol. I would of been pissed if it was flled with saltwater and in the house

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: