Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hi all,
I need some advice on how to reduce my tank's ph. it is currently 8.7. i don't want to use chemicals if at all possible. amm = 0, trates=0, trites=0. sg=1.025. My tank is only 2 weeks set up but I used the rock, sand etc from my 54 that was runnung for a year w/ no problems - all suggestions greatly appreciated
Will C

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
A few questions:

1) is it 8.7 1st thing in the morning or at the end of the day?--- The former is a problem, the latter not really.
2) How do you measure pH? If via a probe of some sort, when was the last time it was calibrated?
3) How do you supplement Ca. and Alk?
4) What are the levels for Ca. and Alk?

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
8.7 a half hour ago, I haven't dosed anything yet, Ca & Alk will test in am (test kit in office where the 54 was) - thanks for the quick reply

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
8.7 is not that bad unless it jumped to that really quick... I would actually love to get my ph in the 8.5,8.6 range and be stable at that range..
But check the ph every 8 to 10 hrs if you can for the next couple of days if you don't dose anything and have no clue as to why it is that high.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I need some advice on how to reduce my tank's ph. it is currently 8.7. i don't want to use chemicals if at all possible. amm = 0, trates=0, trites=0. sg=1.025. My tank is only 2 weeks set up but I used the rock, sand etc from my 54 that was running for a year w/ no problems - all suggestions greatly appreciated
Will C

Hi Will C
Please read this article [SIZE=+1]High pH: Causes and Cures[/SIZE]

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: