fishguy23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Does anyone have a side comparison of a FTS w/ 10k 14k and 20k bulbs, I'm trying to decide whats best. I'm familiar w/ the variations and am aware that each merchant will vary, but just would like to see the difference in color!

I am leaning towards 15k a fine balance from what I have read!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Interesting link:
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~lighting_metal_halide_bulbs_information.html

Keep in mind that the ballast used with the bulbs also affects how it will look, and SE bulbs look different color wise (to the eye) than DE bulbs.
You might want to take a look at the 'Lighting Guide' on the Home Page here, lots of great info in there..cause when you come down to it, the important part is what the bulb does for your corals, not just how it looks :)

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Interesting link:
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~lighting_metal_halide_bulbs_information.html

Keep in mind that the ballast used with the bulbs also affects how it will look, and SE bulbs look different color wise (to the eye) than DE bulbs.
You might want to take a look at the 'Lighting Guide' on the Home Page here, lots of great info in there..cause when you come down to it, the important part is what the bulb does for your corals, not just how it looks :)

Thanks that was a good read

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
What wattage are we talking about? What size tank? What ballast and reflector? What kinds of animals? You can't just look at lamp color temperature There are very few 15K lamps out there. The XM's test among the worst lamps available if that is what you were thinking. (see the lighting guide). The 175w Iwasaki mogul 15K tests among the best.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Is your monitor calibrated? is the picture you are looking at color corrected?

Because I can bet money what ever bulb you get will not look the same as the picture you are looking at from someone's website.

fishguy23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
It is all in the eye of the beholder:lol:...just wanted a side comparison to give me an idea of what effect I can expect, generally speaking! taking all into consideration wattage, size et etc.:givebeer:

autoponicz