Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm working on plumbing my return line from an in sump up to my tank.

Along with the return outlets, I want to make a manifold to distribute water to a small UV sterilizer, phos reactor, and a chiller. I also want a drain spigot to help with water changes.

Here are the diameters of the parts I want to fit in:
Mag-7 - 1/2" MPT
Tank bulk head for return - 3/4" barb
Chiller - 1/2" or 5/8" barb
Reactor - 1/2" barb
UV sterilizer - 1/2" barb

I'm building an order from Savko. Which items should be on true union ball valves and which ones can I cheap out on with single or non union ball valves? I was thinking ture unions all around!

I'm working on a drawing of my flow for you guys to critique.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
hey keith i am doing the samething planing to order tomorrow. i plan on having them help me with with i need. but i am pretty much in the same boat as you.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
how big is the tank/?

well...to save some $...the return can use a single union ball valve..
add a union near the pump so its easier to remove for maintanence..then you got the manifold where you put a union too for maintenence or if you ever want to change it up..

autoponicz