Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I collect a few bucks from the memebers of my club at the next meeting, and send them onto MASNA for membership.

... then what?

Not trying to sound stupid, I did read over the MASNA web page a little... We would have to pick two delegates, and wait for the newsletters?
I'd like to suggest this to our club up here at the next meeting, but know the members will want to know what benefits we (as a club) would get from our membership.

Thanks.

- Mac

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAC,

Thank you for your interest in MASNA.

MASNA provides a lot more than just quarterly newsletters.

Here are a few other benifits and projects in the works:

1) MASNA is working on projects to increase networking between clubs. MASNA is working on helping to set up interclub newsletter article exchanges and possibly interclub frag trades.

2) MASNA membership fees help send John Brandt, our USCRTF and MAC Representative, to represent US, the hobbyist, at USCRTF and other meetings.

3) MASNA has special events consultants to help clubs facilitate getting well known speakers to give lectures.

4) MASNA membership gives local clubs a say in the selection process for where each Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA) will be held. Please remember that only MASNA member clubs are able to place a request to host the conference. Your MASNA membership helps to assure that the MACNA tradition continues.

5) MASNA helps with the start up and growth of local clubs. We have people that enjoy brainstorming ideas to help clubs.

6) MASNA holds monthly online BOD meetings that all members are welcome to attend and voice opinions and get the "inside scoop" on what is going on legislatively with the hobby. MASNA really appreciates YOUR involvement and opinions!

I could go on, but that is a few benefits of membership and few things that we are working on.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to send you some information to pass on to your club's membership.

Take care,
Lee Morey
MASNA - Membership and P.R.

Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lee. I'll bring this up at our next meeting and see how the rest of the group feels.

- Mac

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allright, you've sold us.
The Boston Reefers Society will be joining soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: