Sputnik

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all....

Hoping you can help me ID this red stuff growing allover my Chaetomorpha in the refugium!

It does not look like a Cyonobacteria!

ebd3997d9512.jpg

3bbff5dbadbb.jpg

f3673beb6acf.jpg

4a6189445ad6.jpg

251397e28b78.jpg

0071e9ad513e.jpg

88848c5c1574.jpg

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The same for hair algae or other high nutrient nuisance algae. Lower Po4 by reduced feeding, water changes, GFO. Do you have any other algae/green stuff in your display? green covered glass every 2 days?

If its localized just in the fuge there is a good chance its going to stay there, but just realize you have a small problem and should monitor/fix it ontop of what your refugium is doing.

Also, i see some bryopsis or hair algae in the corner as well. If its bryopsis I would start removing it religiously. =0)

Sputnik

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to clean the glass in my main every 2-3 days, it's getting green, but my back wall glass never gets bushy! My PO4 reads 0, NO3 reads 0 (according to API test kits)! That red stuff were only in my refugium, growing only on chaetomorpha which i totally removed and left a small clean chunk to grow! The first two pictures show that red and green algae in the corner, that is the only algae spot in my whole system! Besides the green glass every 2-3 days, there's now green/red growth in my main!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Heres the age old statement here on MR- Even if you have 0 phosphates you have phosphates. Test kits are useless to detect phosphates. If you have readings register on your test kit- you have a large amount. The only way to truly check for phosphates taht are at a low level is with either a hanna photometer which are available but a little expensive or lab grade test kits, which you cant find on the market. Run GFO if you dont already and change it often.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: