jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My tank is finally up and running and even the Reefkeeper Lite is too except for the fact that I was told that I needed to upgrade the firmware. I have just about all of the channels set and when I find out that I had to unplug everything in order to update and I decided that the current firmware is doing its job except for the iTemp so I decided that I will not be updating.

The problem I am having is that my head unit does not read the temp. It could be a set up problem but I have no idea. I set up the RKL with two pc-4's, SL1 module, and the Net module. My iTemp is plugged in to the Net module per page 4 on the user's guide. I attached a copy of the guide.

Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong with the calibration of the iTemp probe?

Thank you to everyone for the help in getting my tank set up especially Eric, Kathy, and Russ. I finally feel like I am getting somewhere.

Attachments

• RKL User Guide 2_0 - Web.pdf
    783.2 KB · Views: 143

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Are you getting an error reading Temp or iTemp off the headunit? There's 2 different probes and readings for the RKL w/SL1; Temp and iTemp.

You mentioned you have it connected to the end of the bus via NET module, I assume it's the iTemp probe you have, make sure you scroll to iTemp on the headunit. SL1 also has a temp probe with a molex connector, that would be Temp reading should you use it in the future.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: