duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i started out with 3 mushrooms on a rock.i now have close to 100.i leave mine alone and when i buy coral i put it anywhere.the mushroom doesnt bother it at all.but if u really want it off you need to get to its base and cut it with a razor.closest u can to the rock

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
its nearly impossible.. i have about 200-300 in my 10gal.i have them all over my rocks. i tried slicing them off but all they do is shrink and let go of some white goo. so what i do now is the same as what duke62 said.
good luck

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
one of the ones in question is a hairy mushroom that is near a frogspawn. I have the powerhead blowing the frogspawn away from the hairy mushroom, but I turned it off one day when changing water and the frogspawn started stinging it. The MP10 is almost here and because of the random water movement (instead of the constant steady flow) it is probably going to happen again. (Not the end of the world but I would like to avoid it.)

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a couple of mushrooms that i placed in spots that I thought would be temporary and they wound up growing on the rock they were resting on. What is the best way to remove them from where they are attached.

Razor blade or scalpel. If possible, cut under the foot and basically skim off a thin layer of rock -- it's relatively easy with the consistancy of most reef rocks. If that fails, you could just cut through it, and you'll probably wind up with two mushrooms, eventually.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: