scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
What is a quiet and energy saving return pump, for a 75 gallon tank using overflow box ( max 700 gph ). I am finally going from sumpless to a sump.

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Eheim 1260 draws about 65watts though? What about Ocean runner 2500 which runs at 38 watts? I will have powerheads in my tank for motion.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Iwaki is also a good brand.

Whatever pump you use; I strongly suggest that you use tubing to connect the pump to the sump and to the PVC return line (if you hard plumb). I don't care how quiet the pump is, the vibrations will make a ton of noise if you only use PVC.

mluz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I use an ocean runner 3500 on my 75, its pretty quiet, my skimmer pump (octopus) makes a lot more noise.

In retrospect i think i could have just bought the 2500 and save me some money.

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Quiet one 4000 is 55 watts I believe and is rated and little over 1000 GPH. The thing is once you have it pumping from the sump up few feet with few elbows that you already have there the actual flow will be about 600-700 GPH.

THe only problem is that these pumps are hit or miss when it comes to noise so when I used to use them I would buy 2 and pick one that is quiet and return the other one or keep it as a backup. Very efficient and quiet pump. I have since switched to Blue Line (less efficient) because I've upgraded to 180 with 75 gallon sump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: