funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i just got rowa phos ....i put it in my reactor and it made my tank cloudy is this normal i read the instructions and it said to not wash it with freash water

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
you rinse it with tank water, i change mine out when i do water change and if you have the dust or particals float you might be in trouble and corals definately will be, id suggest putting a foam pad on over flow to try and catch it if you arent using a filter sock on drain

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I was about to add rowaphos to my tank due to all the great reviews of it on this site. Im glad to here the directions are accurate. This is definitely a great thing to know. Tks Zanymaster

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
it tells you to rinse it if you are puttin it in a reactor. other than that it tells you not to rinse it, but i personally think that is silly. either you rinse it out of your system and there is no loose stuff in your tank, or you could let it all rip in there. ehhh. i add 4 gallons of sw to my tank and then i take out 4 gals threw the reactor when i change my phos. that keeps the mississippi water out of your tank.

lljsreptiles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rowa is by far the best phos remover. DO NOT rinse it. The best way to do it is put it in the reactor and run the output into a micron bag. Then the tank doesn't get cloudy at all.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rowa is by far the best phos remover. DO NOT rinse it. The best way to do it is put it in the reactor and run the output into a micron bag. Then the tank doesn't get cloudy at all.

Direct quote from the rowaphos instructions. "When fluidising rowaphos we sugges that the media is first flushed threw in the reactor with fresh ro water to remove any fines..." This info is under the fluidising section in the instructions that come with the media

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: