Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I am currently using reef crystals and am having no luck finding it at some LFS, so I am thinking of changing bec I am concerned ab future availability - any suggestions for new salt and any 'tricks' for the change - can I expect some reaction from my corals, will I damage anything ..... all the general worries from changing what works to something new. I have a 90 gal reef w/ total water volume of ab 150g and do a 10% wc weekly
Thanks in advance

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not sure but I think Mutts & Butts carries it, and Pet Warehouse in Copaigue seems to carry all brands.

Also good to watch Dr's Foster & Smith sales to see when they are offering free shipping on salt and order it through them :)

If you are going to change brands it is suggested that you begin to mix your new salt in with the old in increasingly larger percentages over a number of water changes. Also good to test your new SW (of the new brand exclusively) to see what it's parameters are like and how different they may be from each other. Helps so that you will know whether/how much you might have to dose.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Changing salts is a gradual process....after all, I would assume that it would occur through your regular water changes. Assuming that you are using an established brand of salt, what is far more important is the quality of the batch. Stuff that you buy in an LFS, especially a general pet chain like Petland or Petco may have been sitting around for ever...I once really screwed up my tank when I bought a small bag of Reef Crystals that had been sitting in Petland for too long...(Aquarium Pharmaceuticals sent me a 50 gal bag for free when I reported my problem).

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
get it from www.petsolutions.com is about 45$ a bucket.. order like 3 of them.. and make sure you ship GROUND.. we are in the same shipping code as them so it will only cost $10 to ship 3 buckets. plus if you look around enough im sure you can find smoe codes or discounts.. probably get 3 buckets for 120-130 Bucks right to your door. save your travel around like a monkey and wasting time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: