KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Can't say I've ever heard that! lol
As long as you are feeding the tank..and there are fish in there that are pooping, you should have something happening to keep the skimmer in business.

Is it still producing bubbles?
Got a pic?

wrasseman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try to adjust iy to produce some skimate , it should always make some . make sure air line isnt clogged or water intake isnt partially blocked . otherthan that may clean it all just to tune iy up kinda @!

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It depends on the size tank Vs. Skimmer. If the skimmer is oversized it can stop skimming sometimes. There are many threads about this on various forums. What skimmer are you running? How many gallons is it rated for? Is your bio load light, medium or heavy? What size tank do you have?

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
my skimmer will stop if i place my hand in the tank or add some new water also. I have an oversized skimmer and it will stop skimming if the tank is too clean

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Yeah I run a skimmer rated for 65 g on a 29 g tank. After a few days I run the skimmer as I change at least 15-20% of the water weekly and after a WC it produces low bubbles not enough to go over into the collector.
So it may be safe to say that the water may be fairly clean of waste if you get no skimate.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
check rc, i had a thread on here about it, unless you have a skimmer that is really rated 10x what you need i dont think it will ever not have anything to collect. i ran a euroreef rs100 on a 50g system, it's rated for a 100g heavy stocked tank, never had it not skim, also what skimmer are you using

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: