OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
FINALLY got my hands on an MP10 my patience has been rewarded, the reason I even noticed that a reef can be kept nano is from researching vortechs to begin with.

Yes, so the new fancy pants powerhead, I have it set at around 30% in reefcrest in my biocube 14, I keep zoas/rics/duncun & a frag of sps (experiment); is this sufficient speed or can I go higher?

-> any tricks or tips I need to know about the MP10?
-> how long does it take to break in ? because this sucker is louder then the ones i've seen/heard else where

additionally anything you can provide will, as always, be much appreciated:pimp:

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
30% on Reef Crest should be fine depending on your rockwork/coral placement. Make sure that if you do increase the speed, that it isn't kicking up sand or really beating up the coral.

No real tips or tricks - pretty straightforward.

Mine was a bit noisy for a few days. Are you hearing whirring/whining, or are you hearing a rumbling/ticking kind of sound? The latter could indicate that the wet/dry sides are not aligned correctly. Nudge the dry side very slightly, and see if that helps. Also, make sure you are using the spacer on the dry side.

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Lagoon mode works too, it's a bit less "energetic" than reef crest (the speed will stay more constant as opposed to bouncing around a lot).

If you're hearing the wet side, and don't feel/hear any vibrations or anything out of the ordinary on the dry side, then it may just need to break in; either that or something got stuck inside the wet side already haha.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: