scampi1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really am not having too much luck with my ATI 36" 6 bulb over my 58 gallon. Thinking of switching to LEDS. Any input would be appreciated. Trying to have mixed reef. Definitely want SPS. They just seem to have a slow death in my tank now. I know alot of things play into it but lighting has always been a question and if I have enough or not.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've had my AI LED's since january and it makes LPS pop but as far as sps i'd stick with halides or T5s. For me personally i've had the fastest growth of sps with metal halides. LED's i've had very slow growth and when moved from led to halides the color seems to get really washed out.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the light isnt the reason your sps arent making it, i have a ati powermodule on my 80g sps dom 3x2x22"

stick with the ati, ive had sol whites, sol blue, maxspect and always keep putting my t5's back on, you will not get all the different colors to pop like you can with t5 just for the fact of all the color temp bulbs available, some of the newer leds are going rbg so you can mix the color a little better, but i will continue to stick with my t5's

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Make sure the check calcium and magnesium and alkalinity as well !! T5do work well for sps!! Good luck I think none of the led fixture are worth so much money !! Are we kidding here thousands of $$ for lights ???

Last edited:

gatojebv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Stick to your T5s. My SPS grow nicely with them.
Definitely something else is wrong in your tank. Post your params, tank specs to give you some help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: