Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Here is one not that great photo of the tank a few days after setup--the fish are in hiding. I should have more next week. The corals and fish are doing well, and I just spoke to the 5th graders this morning about the project. Shortly after xmas break we will start tweaking the aquascape and adding more animals.

ps_58_bow_12_09_509429.jpg

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Great pic! Looking really nice, I will donate some blue xenia to the tank if you want, I love the pic with the little munchins staring up at the tank. If they are all that little you won't have to worry about them throwing anything in.

James

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Here is one not that great photo of the tank a few days after setup--the fish are in hiding. I should have more next week. The corals and fish are doing well, and I just spoke to the 5th graders this morning about the project. Shortly after xmas break we will start tweaking the aquascape and adding more animals.

ps_58_bow_12_09_509429.jpg
um this is the second time ive heard of "tweeking" the aqua scape...lol

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the post here are extremely helpful, just a little curious though, this is a school right? whos taking care of them during weekends, holidays, Summer Vacation, maybe put an automatic feeder, and timers for the lights. I can donate fish +coral frags, let me know what you need.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
A lot of the post here are extremely helpful, just a little curious though, this is a school right? whos taking care of them during weekends, holidays, Summer Vacation, maybe put an automatic feeder, and timers for the lights. I can donate fish +coral frags, let me know what you need.
:sigh: That would be me and the science teacher Keith :) The tank as designed can go 3 days with out attention if necessary.

Thanks for the offer, I'll be sure to get in touch when we start stocking the system sometime early in the new year.

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
maybe another rock on that ledge will round out the look..im still sure that ledge rock will work there...all in all good work by all, tank looks great no leaks in the plumbing thanks to tony, and the system runs quietly...best of luck to PS 58 with their new reef!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! You'll be happy to know that the tank is doing well after a week. We still have a few kinks to iron out, but we'll get there! In the interim, the aquarium is delighting the entire school community.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: