NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sorry to hear, really!
Make me nervous about moving my 24G Nano Reef over Labor Day! Any suggestions?
I am planning on doing it at night to avoid any traffic or heat(like midnight), I am hoping they will be more calm since it will be dark during the transit and re set up.

Going to re populate the tank?

fishguy23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Well, timing wise was difficult to judge.....between the move and anticipating the timing of the member who bought my other tank that was running off the one I took in the move, it was very difficult to know when to start breaking the tank down...plus the added cost of a mover who charged by the hour, I might have prematurely broke down the tank in a rush or.......? But based all the info of members I utilized 8 7.5 gallon buckets of existing water w/ LR in each, 21 seperate bags for the corals, 14 bags for fish, and another bucket w/ the water & sand, my skimmer, reactor the 40 breeder & stand and 29 gallon sump, barely fit in the truck along w/ my flat screen and other furniture. I was stuck on the George washington bridge for nearly 3 hours and the livestock sat there for nearly an hour as I gathered other things for the move. And just as I got to the new apt, I realized I left my faucet adapter in the old place and couldnt make the water fast enough. The livestock did not withstand the stress or conditions!

I WILL NEVER ATTEMPT THIS AGAIN.....I guess w/ a lil luck and planning it could work, unfortunately I didn't have those luxuires!:irked:

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah update on my move. It went better than last time, but most of my sps died, and my donut coral and 1 acan frag is not looking too hot. I also now have a bad hair algae problem. Oh and when I origanally went to the apartment to start making saltwater for the move, I made the RO/DI and let a pump mix in the salt. Went out to get dinner, came back and found the hose for the pump on the floor and all the water gone. I flooded my downstairs neighbors apartment and their ceiling collapsed. All on the first day of my renting the apartment. Cost me $1,300 to fix everything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: