shalon

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been taking a break for the hobby for to long and have forget most of the thing that i need to remember so am a beginner once again. i was wondering what size pump should i use on my 10 gallon sump

Oholic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have the same question... I have a overflow for my 55gallon the pump i purchased was an aquavis 4900 est. to pump 1300+ gallons... but my over flow is not sending down anough water to keep the pump submerged... I was told to buy a bigger u tube or downgrade the pump...

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I have the same question... I have a overflow for my 55gallon the pump i purchased was an aquavis 4900 est. to pump 1300+ gallons... but my over flow is not sending down anough water to keep the pump submerged... I was told to buy a bigger u tube or downgrade the pump...

Remember that a 1300gph pump doesn't necessarily pump that gallonage as you lose X amount of gallons for each foot the water is traveling upward and for each bend/fitting in your plumbing.
What type overflow do you have and what size is it? (OFBox, RRtank...)
The ONLY placxe you should reduce the amount of flow from a pump is on the 'out' side by using a gate or ball valve. Never reduce the amount of water going INTO a pump. ;)

Shalon - as George asked, we need more info on the display tank (size) and what type of overflow you have on there to be able to answer your question.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: