ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

I'm running a 20x20x20 Current Solana. I just upgraded from the 150W HQI Pendant lamp to the 20" Sunpod 250W HQI and now I'm concerned about heat issues. I try to keep the glass top on as much as I can. Can anyone recommend a good fan attachment that will cool the area between the lamp and the tank? Thanks!

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I just bought an azoo cooling fan, but it doesnt fit the rim of my tank.
It will fit yours however.
It is the four fan model, It has never been used, 6 days old
I paid 47.00 with shipping, I will sell it to you for 35
This is the link
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14701

Hey Guys,

I'm running a 20x20x20 Current Solana. I just upgraded from the 150W HQI Pendant lamp to the 20" Sunpod 250W HQI and now I'm concerned about heat issues. I try to keep the glass top on as much as I can. Can anyone recommend a good fan attachment that will cool the area between the lamp and the tank? Thanks!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I just upgraded from 150w sunpod to a 250w sunpod and I found no heat increase whatsoever. The ballast is remote on the 250 which displaces a lot of the heat.

When you say keeping the glass top on, do you mean a glass top covering the tank?
If so that will heat the tank up much more than if you left the tank top open.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Keep in mind I do more topping off when the fan runs. It increases evaporation to at least a half gallon per day.
Definitly one of the annoying features of adding a fan. I dont use ATO (I know I should, but minimum space) and when I have a fan on the water surface im add in a 5 gallons every 2 days to my 54. I recently added one (regular desk clip on one) to run upward to my MH light when its on but not too much because evaporation gets crazy. BTW I saw some dbl clip on fans for sub $20 on eBay, to check out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: