Rtam3185

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well.. it's time to change my Phosban Media once again and I came across this other media from Bulkreefsupply.com. (So much cheaper!!!!) Has anyone ever used their Granular Ferric Oxide? If so please let me know how that went for you. How long did a portion generally last you before you needed to switch the media? Thanks.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Quite a few people here use the GFO from Bulkreefsupply and seem pleased with it.

Nobody can tell you how long a portion of it will last in your tank since that depends on how high your phosphate level is.
If it is high, you will want to change it out more frequently in the beginning and then as your level gets to where it needs to be, you will need to change it less often. :)

Rtam3185

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Quite a few people here use the GFO from Bulkreefsupply and seem pleased with it.

Nobody can tell you how long a portion of it will last in your tank since that depends on how high your phosphate level is.
If it is high, you will want to change it out more frequently in the beginning and then as your level gets to where it needs to be, you will need to change it less often. :)

Thanks Kathy I just don't like to try new products without feedback :P But I will go ahead and give it a try to see how it goes. Thank you for the reply.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Let us know how it goes and which one you use. Also for anyone that uses the GFO from Bulkreefsupply please post some input.

Rtam3185

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Last night I turned the flow down to see if it was the flow problem because 2 months of usage seems a bit short compared to the advertised 6 months. This morning I tested it again and my phosphates is back down to undetectable. (from .5) I will try the GFO next, whether the pellet sized or the granular sized ones I have not decided. I will post here when I do try it !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: