KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It helps to turn off your flow while doing this and leave the product on them for about 30 minutes. Ypu mave have to do it 2 -3 times before they finally are gone.

spacenyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
lye

actual lye, must be 100% lye, not the drain cleaner which is mixed with other additives, especially the slow acting kind. only place that sells to the public is lowes. bought a huge jar for $9.00. forget the name its in a yellow bottle of crystals. if you are really intrested i could search for the name. works instantly literally explodes them and kills even the roots

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's Red Devil lye, which is sodium hydroxide, and you can get it from a chemical warehouse. You want to use sodium hydroxide as that is what kills the Apstasia. The product that Lowes sells is called Roebic Drain opener.

Drano will also work, as it contains sodium hydroxide, but contains other things too though they're not harmful to you corals, inverts or fish.

You want to use .5ml and put it right on the Apstasia, try not to spray it around.

spacenyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
roebic

roebic is what i used, had mounds of apatasia on some free rock. just a few crystals right into the mouth, especially when it was feeding and gone. havent had an outbreak in a year. like i said pods were nt even harmed. just be sure to use literally a few crystals per tulip and let it dissolve completly, about 10 seconds before you move around the precipate which forms. goes without saying this is real dangerous stuff, do it carefully and tiny amounts

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take these guys words for it but I personally would rather get my hands on some berghias then put drano in my tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: