jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have two Tunze's in my 120 gallon and I was considering either rotating the Tunze's to run each 6 hours at a time or just turning one off permanently but before I make a decision I was hoping someone could give me the good and the bad if I was to turn one off permanently?

The reason I am considering turning one off or rotating them is with both running it sounds like a waterfall in my dining/living room. My wife complained a little and the waterfall imitation is loud enough where I need to crank up the volume to hear the TV.

I know certain corals require more flow than others and I understand the importance of water movement but I was just wondering if anyone runs one PH without a problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not sure which Tunze's you have but likely you should be running both for good flow in a 120.

Are you sure your issue isn't the turn over rate from your return pump moving too much water into your overflows? Have you tried slowing that down and see what happens?

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sounds like an issue with the overflow not the Tunzes, not sure what tank you have but I'd start with raising the stand pipe to keep more water in the overflow or as Kathy mentioned slow down the return pump.

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you. I will slow the return pump down some more but I am almost certain that the ball valve is already more than half way closed. Does it matter if I close it more?

PS Sorry about the language Kathy but it was early and I missed it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: