Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i bought a TYPHOON 5 Stage RODI Reefkeeper 75GPD around October 22nd and been using it ever since...but every single time i take water out , the water rate get slower and slower then it stooped producing water..so i bought and booster pump (AQUATEC 8800) and a pressure gauge, the pressure gauge marks from 80 TO 90 which i think its pretty high... and i know nobody should never do that but the only way i can get drops out of that thing is by closing the drain line..i know i shouldnt do that but i need the water

i don't know anything about how to assemble those filters...it came all assembled when i received it but i def. know something is WRONG...i need SOMEONE to help me with this asap because i don't want to damage it and also i dont want to wait hours and hours to fill a 5 gallon bucket

anyy help would be appreciated
btw the little water that comes out has 0 TDS

AlA

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It will prob run faster if u run it at 50psi. 80 is very high and can expose the di I believe. I ran mine pretty high by accident and found that when I ran it at around 50psi it runs a lot better.

I have the same unit

njreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its way too soon for your filters to be used up. So it must be getting stuck in your membrane, the filter that's on top of the canister filters. I would see if the company you bought from can send you a replacement.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Its way too soon for your filters to be used up. So it must be getting stuck in your membrane, the filter that's on top of the canister filters. I would see if the company you bought from can send you a replacement.

i know! thats what im saying! its too soon..you think i can unplug the membrane and see?.....im going to contact them..i bought it from air water and ice
but i think they only give you 30 days of warranty but ill try ..

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Call Air Water & Ice!!! They are good people, and will help you any way they can.

Here is their # (772) 461-0256

They close early, so call them in the morning.

Best wishes! By the way, it does take time for 5 gallons of water to be made.

How long is it taking your unit to make those 5 gallons?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Take all the filters out and run it then start putting one back in at a time.

You should do this before you call AWI.;) This will be the first thing they are going to tell you to do in order to for them to figure out which of the filters if any are clogged.

If I recall correctly this unit is new, therefor the membrane should not be shot. Unless of course you have some seriously dirty water.:catsmiley

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i took all the filters out and ran it empty and its the same thing
so i think its the membrane

CIMG1465.jpg

CIMG1467.jpg

the DI cartridge fills up so slow
CIMG1466.jpg

this is the string of water that goes down the DI cartridge
CIMG1470.jpg

this is not supose to be like this

CIMG1472.jpg

billcobb51

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a 75gpd membrane you should get 3.1 gallons of water per hour. Take your pure water hose and put it in a 5gal bucket and time it. Once you're set up run your pure water line to a contaner with a float switch or a tank so you have water ready when needed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: