xKEIGOx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering of the chemical of the water conditioner that are not only able to remove chlorine and chloramine but also neutralises heavy metals and reduces stress off the fish plus providing protectiong coats for the fish. ??
just wondering... maybe I can do it my self. :wink:

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know of any single chemical to add that will do all of those things. Personally, I think you are better off purifying the water with something like a reverse osmosis system or a deionizing system, or preferably both, along with a sediment cartridge and a carbon cartridge. That type of system will get rid of all of those things.

xKEIGOx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing some reseach for awhile and I found out that Tannic Acid and Humic Acid could do the job. :eek:
What do you guys think? can it be?

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might work, but I wouldn't want to add more of these than are already going to be present in the tank. I wold expect many metal complexes of these acids will still be soluble.

This seems like a relatively unfruitful area to spend time testing theories on water purification (especially since it will be hard to know that it worked), but if you are into experimenting.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: