Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I think i might have apistasia on my zoas, it looks like a clear whitish film that goes between the polyps. The zoas look irritated and doesn't fully open up, I have a peppermint shirmp in the tank but its always hiding and not sure if its doing anything. Whats the next best way to rid apistasia?

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hey hungriee ... Are you sure you have apistasia It shouldn't manfiest as a whitish film ... Does it have tentacles? Do you have pictures?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
im not sure what i have. it doesnt have tentacles. Its fluffy, its stuck on some of my rocks and on one of my frags. I used a tong to touch it and was able to go right through it. I tlooks like FOAM tahts attached to rocks, frags, even zoas. The zoas are able to extend over the foam sometimes but feels like its being irritated.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i decided to rip it off one of my rock rubbles tonight with a tong. It was super soft foam that had some brown stuff in it. I then rinsed the rubble and dumped it back to the tank. I've noticed that I have several of these around my rocks guess its posing no harm yet.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Its whitish clear which looks fluffy like foam, it attaches to surfaces like rocks. Its hard to take a picture of since its sorta clear but has whitish color.

I squished one, and underneath it was just brown gunk. I have it at various spots on my rocks and its taken over my zoas. Odd part is the zoas are able to grow over it extending the polyps once the light goes off - so not much harm to them just it looks funny.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: