Top Shelf Aquatics

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gotta get to you guys one day .one of my friends stopped by your place about a year ago and said you guys were great ,gave him the full tour of your place ..very chill guys ...wish you guys the best of luck one ur growing business

Thanks, the new farm is coming together smoothly. Let us know when you are in town. Happy to give you the tour.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
Getting some final touches done. We are doing a bit of wire management right now.

33495201198_81152df49c_c.jpg

Can you kindly let me know what is the exact plumbing fitting that is being used on the Apex DOS pumps? thanks in advance.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
RO Booster Pump

In case you all were wondering how we filled that mixing station

45948335735_8ee85d0ae6_z.jpg

I love your RO system and I have similar unit that procudes 1200 gpd, but If I were you I would mount booster pump upside down this way if there are any leaks water will not drip right into the motor, if it is upside down then you don't have to worry about water dripping or leaking into the motor, other than this system looks awesome and I am planning to mount my system similar way as well.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0

We connected the threaded female section of the dos to a 3/8" John Guest reduced to 1/4" connect then to an elbow 1/4" push connect.

33544414878_60ab4d005b_z.jpg
Just FYI... there is no 1/4" NPTM(male) connection on the DOS. It is actually 1/8" NPTM... The DOS requires 1/8" NPTF (female) if you are trying to connect onto the threaded end. you can just use part #PP450821W if connecting to 1/4" tube (no need for additional parts shown in pic above)
https://www.johnguest.com/product/in...nptf-thread-3/

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Just FYI... there is no 1/4" NPTM(male) connection on the DOS. It is actually 1/8" NPTM... The DOS requires 1/8" NPTF (female) if you are trying to connect onto the threaded end. you can just use part #PP450821W if connecting to 1/4" tube (no need for additional parts shown in pic above)
https://www.johnguest.com/product/in...nptf-thread-3/

I believe and am hoping that it is 3/8" nptf after talking to Neptune and Top Shelf about this. I have 40 arriving tomorrow so should know more. You mentioned 1/8" nptm but you linked to nptf and no way is it 1/8" so am assume you are threading to the inside?

Btw have a very similar RODI (octopus upgraded to 20s) decided that over the carbon tower for ease of changing media. So far am loving it but am going to combine hot and cold water tomorrow as for some reason water is really cold coming in and getting some condensation. Also set it up to mix water in pre-determined amounts so no measuring. Really hope the Neptune solenoids hold up as I am using a boat load lol. Very inspirational build I must say fantastic work but would expect nothing but Top Shelf from you folks and appreciate the communication thus far!

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
NO its not 3/8" NPTF or 1/4" NPTF... I am 100% sure that you need 1/8" NPTF fitting. I am sorry you were mis-informed but that is the correct size. To help clarify I ran out yesterday and picked up 1/4" NPTF fitting shown below (based on the info. I was given in PM).

I took out the DOS tube and 1/4" NPTF John Guest Fitting to illustrate below... As you can see the 1/4" fitting's threads do not enguage the DOS threads so 3/8" would be even bigger gap. I have a 1/8" NPTF solenoid that I threaded the DOS directly to and fits perfectly. I ordered some 1/8" NPTF x 1/4" TUBE John Guest today (part #PP450821W) which should arrive this Friday. I hope this helps people out there trying to make the same connection correctly.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: