SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello everyone,

I really need some help! I have over 50 different type of zoas in my tank and all are doing well until the last 2 weeks! They are all starting to disappear over night!! It kills me every morning I wake up and another bunch are gone the plug or rock they were on is still there but the zoas are gone!! Please help me!! Water levels are all ok. Please help!!!

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Get in the look out for zoa eating nudis. Look at the closed zoas at night (with a flashlight) and look for little nudis the same color as the zoa, or any color.

+1 they come out at night and will eat your whole colony in one sitting.

if you can take them out and re dip them in coral RX and inspect them.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It's really these 3 that keep disappearing. The disappear and i put something else there and that disappears

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 514

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
maybe its your glue job that they keep falling off then get blown into the rocks where you cant see them anymore. Its happen to me plenty of times bud.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tally of dead polyps: 1P Jason fox *** Krack, 4P BamBams, 8P blue hornets, 3P golden sopranos, 4P Jason fox crazy ladies, 10P tub blues, 10P yellow hornets, 10P darth maul, 10P Rastas, 6P golden ding dongs :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I have been looking every night for some sort of bug or nudi see nothing. Only thing I can think of is my emerald crabs and hermit crabs but they have been in there since the beginning. This is really making me want to break my tank down! :(

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been trying to get the carbs out bit have failed every time. I really think it is them.

I don't frag or glue them myself that's how I buy them. Unless everyone else glue job is no good. Could be that I guess. But the mauls and hornets that are gone weren't glued they grew on the rock.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
what test kit are you using? also if you lost that much stuff each and ever night. i think you have a Zoa Eatting NUDI. at first before i saw the pictures i thought they were rocks of zoas. your not gonna find that little sucker cause hes in your rock work make sure you keep tabbs on your reef at night wehn the lights go out if youhave a small dimmed flashlight you can shine it in your tank and keep a close eye out.

from all your stuff said and done i think its a nudi.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: