MACO is proud to announce the next offering in our series of online courses.
Woodworking for the Aquarist is a course detailing the construction ofa canopy to house your lighting system on any size tank. The coursecovers the basics of structure and wood manipulation and in the end youbuild a hood/canopy or pendant system for your own tank. Following is abrief course outline:
- Week 1 – Shop Safety, Common Tools and Wood Properties
- Week 2 – The Design Process, Harsh Saltwater Environment Concerns, Hardware and Resources
- Week 3 – Preparation, Machining and Techniques
- Week 4 – Preparation, Machining and Joining Techniques
- Week 5 – Joining and Finish Preparation
- Week 6 – Finishing
This course is currently open for registration (registration closes onJune 18, 2005). Please see the site for more details and to signup. Course cost is $65 and it lasts for 6 weeks.
MACO courses are entirely online and at your schedule. When yousign up for a course, you will be provided with access to a coursespecific forum, the course’s website, and be provided with detailsregarding regular live chats. Chat transcripts are available onthe website following the chat if you cannot make or miss the livesession. This provides students with 24/7 access to otherstudents and the instructor.
For more information head over to http://aquaristcourses.org.