We expect vendors to provide value to our membership over and above a good deal and we feel it serves our members best if you not only provide a high quality product but that you also offer advice and experience as often as possible in the public forums.
Respect for other vendors
• No posting competing prices in other vendors forums or threads
• No posting negative comments about any other vendor
• You will only make price offers in member posts that are specifically looking for pricing information
• Items offered for trade must be listed in the vendor forums
Respect for our animals
• You will not sell “difficult to keep” livestock to new hobbyists.
• You will not sell diseased, sick, dying, bleached or dyed livestock.
• You will not sell livestock to a customer whose tank has not been properly cycled.
• You will advise customers of the proper conditions required for any piece of livestock you sell if requested.
• You will advise customers of any dangerous species, poisonous livestock, or dangerous items you offer for sale.
• You will properly dispose of any livestock to prevent invasive species affecting our local natural environment.
Respect for our planet
• You will act in a manner that is respectful to our hobby, site and the global marine environment.
• You will not sell endangered species
• You will not buy or sell any goods or animals that are illegal to own or purchase in the United States
• You will use Private Messages to resolve any disputes. Site moderators are not arbiters of disputes between members and vendors.
• While as vendors, you can receive negative feedback, you cannot give negative feedback to any buyers.
• You will not speak negatively in the public forums about any MR members.
• Moderators are available to handle major disputes or site related issues, they are not responsible for assisting vendors.
Applications, Issues, Offenses
• The moderators and site operators reserve the right to reject any vendor application.
• Manhattan Reefs cannot be held liable for any transactions completed in the forums.
• Failure to comply with the posting rules will result in immediate post removal.
• Vendors will receive a warning for violating the vendor rules stated above. Subsequent issues will cause the specific forum to be locked indefinitely. In addition, the user account may be locked out (banned) from using the site in the future.
• Vendors will not delete, edit, or comment publicly on Moderator/ Admin posts within any thread including your vendor forum.
• The annual fee for the vendor forum is non-refundable.
• This system is being run at the discretion of the site owners who reserve the right to cancel this program at any time.
• The Vendor program is run at the discretion of the site owners who reserve the right to terminate associations at anytime for undisclosed reasons.
• All vendors must adhere to the terms of service of this site.