Monti color

SteveZz

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a few frags of the same monti. The smallest frag seems to have the best color while the other two look brown to me. Is there anything I can do to get the color to be less brown on the larger frags? I?ve tried different locations in the tank. I have the small one on the same shelf as one of the larger ones. Nothing seems to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czynot

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
LOL. seems you are having same thing happening as me.
I will have to guess. Not enough light. I have a rainbow monti that is brown because I been running low PAR to avoid algae.

SteveZz

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
LOL. seems you are having same thing happening as me.
I will have to guess. Not enough light. I have a rainbow monti that is brown because I been running low PAR to avoid algae.

Maybe I will raise my light intensity a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czynot

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This monti has been in the same spot from day one. It slowly lost all color over 4 months and never had growth. It gotten all dark brown, I thought it was dead. It even had some algae to grow on it. Color start coming back since I bump up my UV and brightness. My UV WAS AT 10% and im now at 35%. Im still slowly bumping up my UV channel more. It took 3 weeks to recover. New growth started at lower left (bright spot). Other encrusting Monti also lost pyolp colors which now are recovering and growing quickly. I have another rainbow monti that I thought was total dead, starting to have polyps growing back around the edge.
My plating Monti have not been effected. My plating Monti always have good color and PE.

Attachments

• CE80EB5E-54BD-484D-9165-66F5323918DC.jpg
    CE80EB5E-54BD-484D-9165-66F5323918DC.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 209
Last edited: