InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I covered the power heads with filter material this time and got another BTA, I put him in a lighted part of the tank but he moved into the rock structure where there is hardly any light, isn't this a bad thing for him (isn't this suicidal)? How do I keep him in the lighted part of the tank?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Inferno, the bta will move to spot that suits it all on it's own.;) It is probably acclimating itself to it's new surroundings. Give it time, it will look for light soon enough.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Inferno, the bta will move to spot that suits it all on it's own.;) It is probably acclimating itself to it's new surroundings. Give it time, it will look for light soon enough.
Cool. He opened up really nice and I guess enjoying the shade for the moment. Should I try to give him some mysis with a turkey baster?

Last edited:

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
We have two BTA's and RBTA, all three hid in the rock work for a few days before coming out. They seem to just find their own spot/rhythm in the tank. We feed ours Mysis from time to time, but it doesn't make them stay or go, but we also have two clownfish that bounce between the three anemones. I'd leave it alone for a few days and let it find it's own spot.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
We have two BTA's and RBTA, all three hid in the rock work for a few days before coming out. They seem to just find their own spot/rhythm in the tank. We feed ours Mysis from time to time, but it doesn't make them stay or go, but we also have two clownfish that bounce between the three anemones. I'd leave it alone for a few days and let it find it's own spot.
Thanks btldreef, I did leave him alone and now he is out from under the rock but is still in the shaded part of the rock work, but does seem quite content. Hopefully he'll be OK under there.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Thanks btldreef, I did leave him alone and now he is out from under the rock but is still in the shaded part of the rock work, but does seem quite content. Hopefully he'll be OK under there.

No prob!

Our RBTA has found a home and stays there, the other two seem to do whatever the h*ll they please, but never really leave a general area that they've made their home. At night they go to the underside the rock and during the day come to the top. Sometimes, especially if the clowns annoy the crap out of them they go back in the shade of the rock work. All three of mine are doing fine. I think people over analyze how to keep them. IMO, they're really easy to care for if you leave them be and just spot feed them weekly. Good luck.

KAHASH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btldreef
i agree with you, we just spot feed and leave them be, our RBTA has split 5 times and we still have our LTA for about 5 years now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: