• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i got 2 icecap ballast and the output wires are both yellow does it matter which ones gotta be on the mogul socket? or can it be eitehr yellow wire? on the icecap instructions it states that one wire is blue and one is yellow but both wire for output is yellow? hmmmz? need helps - sam

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lols its 175w i got from ronen, the problem is that there is no blue both the wires comin out for the output to mogul socket is both yellow and identical? model# 175-mh

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
look at the back of the ballast and see if there is a date code stamp in it it whould be a letter a to l and a number the letter is the month and the number is the year

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
thats wha i thought shouldnt do no damage just not fire up the bulb thanks -=) but just don't trust power comin out of a ballast does the ballast have to break in tho? cause i thought doin that might meSs up break in? if it does? dunno how these halide ballastes worK. thanks guys

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you post a picture I can tell you where they go. Black wire is the Positive Input (from the wall or cord you will wire up that plugs into the wall) the white wire is the same way (goes to the white wire that you plug into the wall) and the green is the same as the other two.

Both yellow wires can go to any part of the fixture socket. It does not matter. One to the base of the socket and one to the side of the screw base.

HTH,

Kasei

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
samster said:
rONeN got them for me and he has no idEA?

Srry sam ,for not being too much help ,I suck with electric (if was a plumbing part i would be of more service ) ,If you have not hooked it LMK Ill call Icecap and find out for you

These are the same ballast from the swap ,some other guys bought them as well

Kasei ,did you have the same wiring ?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
Srry sam ,for not being too much help ,I suck with electric (if was a plumbing part i would be of more service ) ,If you have not hooked it LMK Ill call Icecap and find out for you

These are the same ballast from the swap ,some other guys bought them as well

Kasei ,did you have the same wiring ?

lols np ronen thank for the input n the parts themselfs~!:smile: i was assumin it shouldn't matter if the wires are identical but i jsut wanted to make sure lols , but ronen u could lend me a hand and help me drill out a new tank~! -=X lol or just ur diamond bit~! or lmk where to find out -=P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: