• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I dont have a RO/DI unit yet but I notice that I am not the only one confused about installing them. I found this on HD's site and thought it might be useful. It says its for using a water purifier but it seems like it should work for RO/DI units as well ( which are the same thing really, no? ) Anyway, tell me if this is right.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=NAVIGATION&CNTKEY=help%2findex.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0020929451.1153963839@@@@&BV_EngineID=cchgaddigmdlihlcgelceffdfgidgll.0&MID=9876&pos=t11

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
link goes to Cust. Service. page. Ro/di's are pretty easy to hook up. Nothing really complicated. Usually the one you buy will have a set of instructions that are pretty basic.

Steven

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I didnt realize that. The link was showing how to hook a water purifier to the tap so that the purified water would come out at the tap and not a seperate line. What I would like to do, and am still trying to find good detailed instructions or photos, is get a unit that I can hook up under my sink and use for drinking water as well as to fill a container for use in my tanks. I dont want it coming out of the faucet because I will be using the faucet to hook up to a washing machine in my new apt. I dont know if thats clear, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it because most of the links and threads I have read dont really go into details about setting these up.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Sounds like what you need is to T off the output side of the R/O filter and install a ballvalve so when you need to make water for W/C ect all you have to do is divert the water. I might not be too clear on that though. Thats how I have mine set up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: