• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've bought the diamond hole saws from ebay. A seller named lau i think. THey come from Hong Kong but I got mine in about 5 business days. They're not as good as the $60 bits but for 2 -3 holes they work great and only for about $6 a bit. The ebay store is called thk diamond tools. Just know the size of the bulk head hole and buy the corresponding hole saw. When drilling make sure the tank is not tempered and keep the saw wet, either by using a running hose over the spot or using plumbers putty to make a dam around the area and fill with water. Go slow and only use the weight of the drill. It may help if you have a drill press to keep the bit from sliding around when you first start. Otherwise start the drilling at a 45 degree angle until the bit starts to catch. Once you have that then straighten the drill till its 90 degrees and then drill slowly.
It took me almost about 45min per hole on a 90 gal. But I'm super cautios considering I broke my first tank. (tempered galss). I've heard of others drilling through in 15 minutes. I like to take my time.

Here's a link with all the tips:
http://www.drillglass.com/hehiforbe.html#Which drill bits will fit my Dremel&reb tool?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: