• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Jawbone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you ever get a reply on this..... I am currently in the process of designing one for my 54 corner all glass and wanted to learn from someone elses mistakes or success

neurotech

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - someone below did. I started the string below on reefs.org and had a few responses. Also, the people at thereefweb have offerred to give us corner tank people a page of our own. See John Fletcher's post below. You can search this site for these posts, as some have pics too.

Neurotech
Reef Keeper
Member # 6778
posted January 22, 2002 08:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else out there have this tank? Mine is 3 months old and I am just interested how others are aquascaping it, lighting it, etc. I am interested in the 92 gallon as well. The pic below is from a few weeks ago before I added another 40 lbs of rock from Gulf-View. The cameras broke, but should be working again soon.

The shape of the tank presents both some challenges and rewards I think.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Neurotech ]

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Neurotech ]

--------------------

Neuro

What the heck is that?! Oooo ooo did that move?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 53 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged

John Fletcher
Reef Keeper
Member # 7043
posted January 22, 2002 11:19 AM
yes, I do. The tank was the hardest to light, but I finally got that fixed. Please go to www.saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/bltankjfletcher.htm to see the pictures. I just had a canopy made for it, that is what made it so much simplier. If you have any questions please respond.
John

Posts: 28 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

Neurotech
Reef Keeper
Member # 6778
posted January 22, 2002 11:57 AM
Hey John thanks for the response - cool to see another tank. How long have you had the tank going? What kind of skimmer, powerheads/filtration? And if you don't mind, where did you get the canopy made and how much did it cost? I am using a pendant MH now, but I would prefer a canopy with actinics as well. Did you leave the top on the tank?
--------------------

Neuro

John Fletcher
Reef Keeper
Member # 7043
posted January 22, 2002 01:31 PM
Neurotech,
I have had the tank for four years. The first two years the tank was a fish only tank. The last two years a reef tank. I also started out with a pendant MH. I just recently got the canopy from the LFS where I work to pay for my hobby. I got it for $79.00 it has a top. With the canopy it makes it so much easier to light, but the heat is unreal, with the MH and VHO's, I have a fan on the tank. I have a CPR hang on skimmer. I have three 1100 Rio's. One in the back corner and the other two in each front corner. The filtration is a pinguin w/LR/LS. I now am maintaining 23 acrapora frags. I take a vidio of the tank every three months. Anymore questions?
Posts: 28 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

ScavDog
Reef Keeper
Member # 3980
posted January 22, 2002 02:38 PM

This has been up and running over a year now. I have been using natural sea water for my changes for the past 2 months.

Lighting consists of 1 175 watt CSL pendant with actinic supplement. Idealy I would like a 250 watt hqi.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: ScavDog ]

--------------------

Scav

My NEW Reef page

Neurotech
Reef Keeper
Member # 6778
posted January 23, 2002 11:27 PM
Anyone interested in participating? The people over at reefs.org have offered to host a page about corner tanks for me. E-mail me at [email protected]
--------------------

Neuro

Renae
Member # 7028
posted January 24, 2002 03:13 AM
Nero, John,
Your tanks look great.
Good Luck,
Renae
--------------------

http://www.deepseagallery.com

Neurotech
Reef Keeper
Member # 6778
posted January 24, 2002 09:34 AM
ooops - correction the people at reefweb.com said they would host a corner tank web page - interested e-mail me at [email protected]
--------------------

Neuro

fishfarmer
Reef Keeper
Member # 2219
posted January 27, 2002 01:04 PM
What are the dimensions of your tanks? The AGA site says the 54 gal is 38"L x 27"W x 22"H. Is the 38" from front corner to front corner or is it the bow measurement. Is the 27" one of the side measures or the maximum width of the tank from the bow to the back? Does the top plastic frame have a center brace?
--------------------

My Tank Specifications

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: