• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my web page back up with better pictures and a more detailed discription of how to put this thing together.

DIY Injector Housing

finished.jpg

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: smokie ]</p>

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man
icon_smile.gif
I was hoping it would be easy for 99% of the population to understand.I did notice some errors in spelling and punctuation but i will fix those eventually.

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a MAG 1800 pump on mine.650 GPH is quite small so i dont think you would have the water velocity or volume needed to make this thing work to its potential.But then again every pump i have seen at home depot manufactured by Beckett to run these venturis is 500-650 GPH.If it was me i would experiment with it and see,there are ways to tweak the performance,and im a beleaver in the old saying "nothing is impossible,you can do anything you set your mind to"

SteveP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 500-650 gph pump will make nice bubbles in your pond, but they won't be small enough for a skimmer application. I'm using a Little Giant 4MDQ-SC to drive my Beckett skimmer. It's about 800 gph and I'd say it's working at minimum performance. The consensus is that 1000 gph is the minimum for good performance and it just gets better and better with higher gph's.

Steve
8{I

hquintanilla

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to thank Smokie, he was so helpfull, and kind to share his design with me...
I already builded the injector with some minor changes I have to tell that ones you got the pieces (Home Depot) is easy...look for Carlon electric PVC fixtures...
The injector works great...its amazing the quantity of fine bubbles it produces. I tested it with a Mag18. But I decided to run the skimmer with a GenX/Mak4, what do you think Smokie? Iwaki40RLT, GenX/Mak4 or the GRI?

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably work great kanan,but the main reason i made this thing was so i could take it apart and clean the junk out of it every week.My factory Bullett 2 from PM i cant service so i would have to soak it in vinegar forever to get the salt and crap out of it.

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your asking me which pump to try i cant offer an opinion because i only use the MAG series pumps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: