• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SeaSydney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to make a DIY VHO setup. I would like to run 2 x 75watt VHO bulbs. Could someone give me the make and model # of a ballast that would run these bulbs - and where I can get these. Hoping that they can be found at the local Home Depot.

Thank you guys for all your help
Mark 8)

goofyreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would look into a Fulham workhorse ballast. Go to there website and see if you can find the exact ballast you need or call them. For electronic ballasts they are pretty cheap.

flyers1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard good things about Fulham Workhorse ballasts also. Anyone know who sells them? I want to buy a workhorse 7 to power 2 - 110W VHO bulbs but I can't find them anywhere....

cerreta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Fulham website. Click on "Find Local Dealer" Punch in your zip and it will direct you to a few local authorized dealers. I just bought the Wh& for about $31.00ea. BTW, even though there site does not specify that they work on VHO's, they do.
Cheers,
Scott

goofyreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name and phone # of the store you bought them from for $31.00? I would like to know if they ship out of state.

Thanks

cerreta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Larry at Graybar Electric Company (AZ) 602-437-0375. They had to drop-ship to me, since they did not stock them, so I'm sure they would be happy to sell some to you as well. Prices were WH5 $21.35 & WH7 $31.25.
Cheers,
Scott

goofyreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cerreta

I just called the # you listed in one of the replies but it's not Graybar it's a lighting supplier who deals with Graybar. I placed a order for 2 WH7 with them but they quoted me a price of $36 + shipping. I asked about or for larry and was told no body worked there by that name. Hopefully it will work out any ways.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: