• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Delmarr

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all:

Im looking to rewire a dual 32watt PC light that has blown 1 of its ballasts.

The question is:

Can I use a standard GE electronic ballast (B2321120RH) that I picked up at home depot.

It says it is rated for 2 32watt T8 lamps.

Will it work or do I need a PC specific ballast??

Thanks all

Delmarr

A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Delmarr, I am not sure that a regular balast would work for PC. But, if you ask someone in Electrical (if you can find someone who actually knows anything about electricity) they may be able to get one for you.
On the other hand, a guy here on RDO named Vulkum was selling actual PC balasts a while back, PM and see if he has any left.
HTH
Brett

studboy36

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I know this is late in comming, but I thought I would pass this along to you. There is an article here in this site by Sanjay Joshi about DIY compact flourecent lighting. In the article he lists at that time lamp sizes, lamp bases, ballasts, and waterproof endcaps. I found this article invaluable when I had to repair my PC light fixture for my freshwater tank.

Here is the link:http://www.reefs.org/library/aquarium_frontiers/index.html

Hope this helps. :D

Efrain

tanakiye

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm..any instant-start ballast would work? so lets say i wanted to run two 13w PC lamps over a nano-reef. I could go to HD and pick up a ballast that runs at least 26 watts and wire my gx23 sockets to them? let me know if this assumption is correct.... :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: