• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ritteri&Bubbles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Powermatic Model 66 52" Cabinet saw, and wasnt sure if a tablesaw is used, if not how do companies cut through large O.D.(6",8" and 12") acrylic tubing perfectly clean and square? If not by a table saw, by what means?

Bryan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of hard to explain, but basically you create a fence that runs perpendicular to the blade. At the far end of the fence is another fence that runs parallel to the blade. Basically a three sided box The height of the fence is larger than the diameter of the tubing. You place the tubing inside the box and move the fence into the blade. The tube is rolled against the fence and the end fence. You don't worry about the uneven surface of the end of the tubing because the high spot will always be against the fence and the cut will always be squar. reverse the tubing and cut the other end.

The carbide blade only needs to be brought up about 1/2" inch into the tube and then you rotate the tube in the fence

|
|.................. *
|................. *
|____________ *

Ritteri&Bubbles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan, thanx for that input! Its kinda what I thought, just wasnt sure, as I was looking to make a special fence for just that purpose, but always thought there may have been a special large blade for cutting tubing or special saw. But after I read your response I got a call from a friend who works for Cadillac Plastic up north of me and he said the exact same thing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: