• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular npt (national pipe thread) taps are necessary if you are to use prethreaded pvc pipe or fittings.
as for the flange I'm not sure I've ever seen one. If you want to insure correct placement of flange, why not drill holes in a pattern that lacks symetry. or maybe a lap flange?

Bryan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you have already pre-cut and routered a circle with the proper diamater, here is how I made a flange. Glue or tape a piece of graph paper over the acrylic circle. In the centre of the circle drill a small hole 1/16"(explain later). From the centre 1/16" hole use a compass to draw a circle about 3/4" away from the edge of the material on the graph paper. Using a protracter or the grid on the graph paper mark the holes for the bolts along with the keyhole hole (approx 1 " away fromeach bolt hole. The holes should all be on the pencil circle you have scribed. Drill and tap the holes as necessary.

Redrill the small hole so it will accomodate a small pin or bolt 1/8". Drill a small hole in your router table same size so when a pin or bolt is placed through the acrylic circle into the router table hole the router bit falls perfectly in one of the drilled and tapped holes. The cente of the bit should be in the centre of the scribed pencil line on the same arc. As you turn the circle on the pin the router bit will follow the previously scribed arc on the graph paper. Router out the material between each keyole /hole combo.

jonboy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a couple of good threads this week at reefcentral under the diy
forum. check out the acrylic threads parte 1,2,3
they are loaded with info and pictures
sorry that i don't have the thread title

you;ll be glad you took the time to locate this one
jonboy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: