• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if we could see a larger pic of the reactor you are going to teach us to build. The one on the MACO site is tiny. I would like to get a better understanding of what we're going for in terms of construction, size, plumbing, etc...

Thanks so much!!

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind! I pulled it down here at work and got it into photoshop. It blew up quite nicely not losing much resolution.

I'm getting even more excited!!!

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one on the MACO site. I think it was one of the first posts about the class. It was really tiny, but when I post it here it is GIGANTIC!

fergy1.jpg

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, Bill probably scaled the pics I sent him in HTML.

There are a few changes we'll make on this.

First, the pump, which you'll need to decide on later, won't be mounted in the same place. That's the 12" x 12.5" piece of plate we'll be using. This base was long and narrow, instead of square. Our pump will mount next to the tube, instead of in front of it.

Secondly, we won't be using the 1" fittings on the top of this reactor. We'll be using 1/2" instead. And the bubble counter will be a little different, because it will also use 1/2", instead of 1".

Third, I wasn't planning on supplying the feed valve that this one has. It will be up to you to find a method of feeding the reactor. We'll discuss that during the course.

Fourth, I forgot the foam piece for the bottom of the tube, that the media sits on. I'll get the part number for it later today. We can use a standard piece of foam from Petsmart, used in pond filters. Or I can supply it.

BRIAN

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the explanation. I know you probably don't want to get into alot of the details before the class. But, it was killing me to know about the pump so I was trying to be good and not ask yet. :D

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a pump, I suggest either the Eheims or the Little Giant. I used to use MagDrives, but they always leaked or burned up over time. I've been using the same LG2 for years now. Champion usually has okay MO prices on them. But, you'll be able to use whatever pump you want, so long as it can be attached to 1/2" threads.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: