• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

baby blue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just want an opion. i built a hanging light for my 125 and have a icecap 660 with 4-4 foot 110 watt bulbs staggered to cover all six foot of tank. 2 are actinic and 2 are 50/50 uri bulbs. as of now i have 1 10,000k halidebulb inthe center. on both sides i have additional moguls(and ballasts)and would like to know if i should use something other than 10,000k plus bulbs,maybe 7000k. this is going to be a sps tank.

Yellotang

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10kk's are fine, I'm just wonder why you chose the 175's instead of the 250's or 400's for this tank if you ae going to grow sps corals.

baby blue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
money, man. 3 grand and all i got is 150 pounds of rock with a few bugs and stuff. but really i am going to use some 20 gallons later for some nano tanks and grow outs. so i can up grade them. besides that tank is only 18 inches tall. isnt 925 watts reasonable on the top of my reef.

aliendomain

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what you are saying you have 440 watts in VHOs and you will have 525 watts in MHs a total of 965 watts, for a tank that's 18'' tall your good to go. Have fun with your electric bill :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: