• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

reefNewbie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if anyone new or could direct me to a site that explains the general layout for taking one tank, and running a syphon to another take to make the two tanks one? thanks

O P Ing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
Any tank-sump system will be applicable. There are many configurations, and overflow in almost all the cases are more safe than siphon.

Let us know the size of the tanks, relative location (distance from each other, and relative height and relative water level), presence of surge device, sump, refug., other plumbing related issue, and your preference, and we can go from there.

reefNewbie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my current tank is a 30 gallon and i have a spare 20 gallon sitting around. The 30 is about 3 feet above the 20. I have a sea clone 100 protein skimmer and a penguin(not sure what series) filter. and im a newbie and have no clue what else you are talking about! LOL

O P Ing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
Not really. You can use the 30 gal as main tank, and use the smaller tank as a sump. Check out some personal reef sites, and see how they connect a sump to a tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: